1. ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - Kristin takes part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge raising a total of $520!
2. Ovarian Cancer Walk of Hope - Team Jay Walkers hits the streets again for the Ovarian Cancer Walk for Hope raising a team total of over $1,300 which was boosted by Jay's by $1000 - a total donation of $2,300!
3. National Truck Driving Championships - On September 13th, one of Jay's own was off to Quebec to participate in the annual Truck Driving Championships. Back on June 8th, Brent Krochak took home first place in the Single-Tandem category. This year Jay's supported the STA's Provincial Truck Driving Championships with a $500 Trophy Sponsorship and many prizes along the way as well. Congratulations to all the drivers who participated!
4. Special Olympics Saskatchewan Truck Convoy - For the past 7 years Jay's Paul Perry has been a major part of organizing the World's Largest Truck Convoy to raise funds for Special Olympics Saskatchewan. We put in over 10 trucks again this year on the journey from Saskatoon to Regina!
5. The Walk for ALS - the Jay Walkers team was at the Walk for ALS. Our team raised over $2500 with the help of events such as the Ice Bucket Challenge, a lunch and a draw for a paid day off. Jay's then donated a total of $1000 bringing our total donation to over $3500!
6. Regina Philharmonic Chorus - A new addition to our regular lineup of charities, Jay's is a corporate sponsor for the Regina Philharmonic Chorus. They are dedicated to performing orchestrated choral works and oratorio of the great composers, and also to support local vocal soloists.
7. Optimist Twirling Connection - Jay's supported the Optimist Twirling Connection’s Golf Tournament fundraiser by sponsorship of a hole. Brenda's School of Dance & Baton in Saskatoon operates The Optimist Twirling Connection and they are celebrating their 30th anniversary this year – Congratulations!
8. United Way Campaign Donation - Jay's donated two prize packages to the United Way Campaign for 2014. These prizes are used for raffles, door draws or early bird donation prizes. The United Way helps fund and partner with a network of agencies to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in delivering services the community needs.
9. Breast Cancer Society Dress for the Cause – Jay’s Group locations across Saskatchewan and into Alberta donned the pink to mark the Breast Cancer Society of Canada’s Dress for the Cause to raise awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer.
10. The ABEX Awards were established by the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce in 1984 to honour achievements in business excellence. A past recipient of this award, Jay’s has chosen to contribute by storing (when necessary) and transporting the trophy each year to the current recipient. Congratulations to the Business of the Year for 2014 – Yorkton Plumbing and Heating.
11. Jay’s is pleased to support the Cupar Canucks Senior Men’s Hockey Team as a Gold Level Sponsor. Our donation of $250 is well spent to ensure that local recreational hockey thrives in our community.
12. A group of Jay’s employees enjoyed themselves at the ALS Steak Night Fundraiser. Creekside Pub and Brewery served a delicious dinner and there was a 50/50 draw and numerous door prizes – all for a great cause.
13. Nov 16 - Jay’s sent three trailers, a half ton truck and our mascot Jay Bird to the annual Santa Claus Parade in Regina. Several volunteers from Jay’s handed out candy canes to spectators along the parade route.
14. This event culminated in the great ‘shave’ on Dec 1st – that’s right, several men from Jay’s Transportation Group participated in Movember to raise awareness of men’s health issues.
15. Jay’s provided complimentary freight services for Regina’s Gold Medal Plates culinary competition. This delicious event raises funds to support Canada’s high performance athletes.
16. Jay’s donated numerous raffle items to the Cosmopolitan Learning Centre for their bake sale and raffle held on December 6th. We are pleased to support the good work they do developing and delivering day programs for adults with disabilities.
17. To honour our valued long term staff we decided to make a donation to the Salvation Army towards their Christmas Hamper program during the annual Years of Service Awards presentations in lieu of the small gift they usually receive along with a pin and cash reward.
18. Jay’s was delighted to repeat as a sponsor of Rosenau Transport’s 18 Wheels of Christmas. Rosenau Transport’s Christmas drive helps the Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre stock its shelves. Jay’s made a $750 cash donation towards this fundraiser.
19. Jay’s Transportation Group Ltd. is proud to have contributed once again towards the Meadow Lake Hospital Foundation’s 9th Annual Festival of Trees in Meadow Lake Civic Centre.
20. Jay’s act of service was to provide complimentary shipping of Svenson Toboggans donation to Forever Friends of Hope, an organization whose mission is to provide financial support to women and their families living with cancer in Saskatchewan.
21. After a devastating apartment fire in Yorkton, Jay’s provided freight services to deliver food from Regina Food Bank to those in need in Yorkton.
22. Jay’s was a proud to sponsor the Barons Battle – a Pee Wee Hockey tournament in North Battleford.
23. Jay’s donated $500 to the community of Raymore for their Raymore Community Swimming Pool Project.
24. Jay’s provided sponsorship to The Yorkton Family Resource Centre that enabled 25 students to receive a safety education kit including an interactive DVD inside a 112-page family book that teaches children powerful strategies for safety and shows parents they can help keep their kids safe. At Jay’s, safety is a top priority!
25. Jay’s Transportation Group was again the title sponsor of the annual Valentine Gala put on by the Regina Eastview Rotary Club. Our donation of $5,000, along with other money raised at this event goes to benefit the Regina branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association and the Ripple Effect Program helping build schools in Guatemala.
26. Jay’s Transportation Group Ltd. provided complimentary moving services of the competition surface – a full 9-mat sprung floor to the annual Icebreaker Cheer and Dance Championships were hosted by Campbell Collegiate on Saturday, February 8th.
27. The Stoughton Curling Arena hosted an Open Bonspiel for local curlers. Jay’s was happy to donate a prize to support this fun community event in which 12 teams were entered and all enjoyed a great weekend!
28. A crew of Jay’s Transportation Group representatives were answering the phones at Kinsmen Telemiracle 39 on Sunday Mar 8 and presenting our cheque from funds raised at Jay’s Annual Golf Classic and other events. This year we raised $126,915.87 for the Kinsmen Telemiracle Foundation!
29. At Telemiracle 39, held March 7 and 8, an incredible lineup of performers came together to present a wonderful show to benefit the Kinsmen Telemiracle Foundation. Jay’s Transportation Group answered phones and provided free freight services, delivering equipment to TCU Place for the telethon. Jay’s also provides free freight services all year long to assist the Kinsmen Foundation transport scooters and wheelchairs throughout the province.
30. Jay’s staff participated in the Dress Down for Diabetes fundraiser by paying $10 to wear their favourite jeans to work for a week. Jay’s Transportation Group also helped out with a corporate donation and together we raised $270 for the Canadian Diabetes Association
31. Jay’s supported the Brighter Futures for Children fundraiser, organized by Knight Archer Insurance, raising money for SCEP CENTRE and the Regina Early Learning Centre by providing free transportation services of equipment and silent auction items to and from this year’s venue.
32. Jay’s was happy to donate two bicycles for a raffle table at the Yorkton Blitz under 14 Volleyball Tournament in Regina.
33. Jay’s purchased Daffodil Bunches and Bouquets of Hope in support of the Canadian Cancer Society and donated $500 to the Cancer Society’s Jail-N-Bail event as well as providing free transportation of the actual “jail” from Saskatoon to Regina and from Regina to Lloydminster.
34. When two local groups; the Southwest Type 1 Sharps and the Swift Current Lions Club got together and held a poker tournament in support of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Jay’s Transportation Group was proud to sponsor a table.
35. Jay’s Transportation Group was happy to donate $2500 to the Association of Saskatchewan Realtors for its annual Quality of Life Legacy Gala.The funds raised go to the Quality of Life Legacy Fund, which supports numerous charities throughout the province.
36. Thoughtful and caring staff at Jay’s Head Office gathered a number of items and made a donation to the Regina Transition House, a non-profit organization that helps people who need to heal and rebuild their lives free from domestic violence, because nobody deserves to be abused.
37. Our Jay Walkers team enjoyed a lovely stroll around Wascana Lake at the 25th annual Walk for MS. They raised $2705 which was matched by Jay’s Group for a total donation of $5410.
38. At the 3rd annual Nipawin RONA PBR Jay’s Group sponsored a bull rider. This event, planned and run by Nipawin Events Inc. benefits local businesses and the community, supporting the Nipawin 4H Club, Nipawin Kinettes, and other local groups
39. Jay’s Regina Moving staff organized delicious fundraiser for Telemiracle 40 - a souvlaki lunch. Thanks to all the hungry folk who came out to support Kinsmen Telemiracle we raised $884.
40. Not to be outdone – the staff from Head Office in Regina sold yummy baked goods at the souvlaki lunch to support the Regina Defeat Depression event. Their treats raised $234 and Jay’s Group added $300 to further support this cause. Jay’s was also a bronze level supporter of the 10k Defeat Depression walk/run on the Wascana Lake trails.
41. Jay’s Group donated $500 to the development of an off-leash dog park in Yorkton – if you are in town, be sure to check out Wiggly Field.
42. We sponsored a hole at the 14th annual Whack Truck Golf Tournament, raising funds for Saskatchewan’s Ronald McDonald house, where families can stay while children receive medical treatment.
43. . Our biggest annual event, the Jay’s Golf Classic for Telemiracle enjoyed gorgeous hot and sunny weather this year. In our 24th year of running this event we raised $120,000, which brings our grand total to over1.25 million raised for Kinsmen Telemiracle since 1991.
44. Jay’s Group supported the Rotary International District Conference, held on June 18-21 in Nipawin, SK with a $500 sponsorship donation.
45. The 11th Annual Investors Group Charity Invitational Golf Tournament, which raises funds for Camp Circle of Friends, offering a supportive camp experience for kids fighting cancer, and the Saskatoon Community Foundation, which supports multiple charitable initiatives. Jay’s Group donated $500 to the cause.
46. Jay’s Group sponsors Willie Forest, a winning drag racer who competes in his own car as a member of the Estevan Drag Racing Association.
47. As a provincial sponsor of the South Saskatchewan MS Bike Tour we provided a tractor and trailer to haul event equipment and supplies, set up and tear down the rest stops and store food and water for cyclists and volunteers. Jay’s Group also provide a cube van to assist and lent our barbecue to cook lunch at the finish line. Of course all of this support came with several volunteers to help wherever needed.
48. Fundraisers for Telemiracle 40 continue! This time it was Jay’s Saskatchewan Freight branch, who held a hot dog sale and raised $251. They also challenged other branches to meet or beat their total.
49. Several Jay’s staff volunteered to flip pancakes at the 18th Annual Industrial Parks Rotary Pancake Breakfast which kicks off the Queen City Ex in Regina. Another bunch attended the event and enjoyed a delicious breakfast, funds raised were donated to Ovarian Cancer Research.
50. Jay’s Group is very proud that a father-son team of George and Cody Shand, volunteered to fight wildfires that threatened the community of LaRonge. George is the branch manager of Jay’s Prince Albert, where Cody also works, and also Captain of the Buckland Fire and Rescue Team. We are honoured to have these men on Jay’s team!
Jay's Transportation Group Ltd.
555 Park St.
PO Box 4560,
Regina, SK S4P 3Y3
Built and Powered by WSI
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTERS
Get the latest news and refreshing
updates delivered to your inbox
CONNECT WITH US
Jay's Transportation Group is a subsidiary of Mullen Group Ltd.